Avenue proudly joins the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks America. The Houston NeighborhoodLIFT program offers homebuyer education plus $15,000 for eligible homebuyers to use toward down payment and/or closing costs on qualified homes.
Funds Available on a Limited Basis
We accept requests for NeighborhoodLIFT funds each week from 9:00 a.m. on Thursdays until 9:00 a.m. on Mondays, as long as funds are available. Visit this website during those times to submit a request for funds.
A random selection process will be used each week to determine which customers may move forward in the process to apply for down payment assistance. If you are not selected, you may return to this website the following week to see if funds are available for request.
Houston NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides homebuyer education to prepare potential homebuyers for homeownership
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment and/or closing cost assistance on eligible properties
- Assistance is not limited to first-time homebuyers
- All borrowers’ annual income must be at or below $72,640
- Properties for the program must be:
- Located in the city limits of Houston
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the borrowers
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2- 4-unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
- ***This program is NOT First Come First Served***
NOTE: Please coordinate with Avenue, your first mortgage lender and real estate agent as closing dates may need to be adjusted due to demand and capacity. Once you are notified you have been selected to move forward with the program, you will need a minimum of 30 days to close.
In order to submit a request for the NeighborhoodLIFT program, you must:
- Complete eight hours of homebuyer education from an agency that is eligible for the NeighborhoodLIFT program. Click HERE for eligible agencies.
- Get a mortgage pre-approval from an approved NeighborhoodLIFT lender. Click HERE for approved lender list.
- Meet the income requirements for the program. All borrowers’ combined annual income must be at or below $72,640
Take the Eligibility Questionnaire to see if you are able to request funds.
What happens after you apply?
You will receive an email with additional instructions.
Be sure to check the spam or junk mail folder in your email. All communication will be from .
If you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Contact Avenue for questions about NeighborhoodLIFT at or 713-864-9099.
Homebuyer Education vs. Home Ownership Counseling. Know the difference!
Ready to buy a home?
Homebuyer Education (HBE) – homebuyer informational sessions that teach prospective homeowners about the requirements for buying a home, the steps involved and how to protect your investment. It is designed for borrowers who are ready to qualify for, or already have, a mortgage pre-approval from a lender. An eight-hour Homebuyer Education course is required to request NeighborhoodLIFT down payment and/or closing cost assistance. A list of participating homebuyer education providers can be found here.
Not sure if you’re ready to buy a home, or want to learn more?
Home Ownership Counseling – provides help with budgeting, credit, and information on the homebuying process. It is designed to help potential homebuyers begin the homebuying process. Home Ownership Counseling is not required to request NeighborhoodLIFT down payment and/or closing cost assistance. A list of counseling agencies can be found here [COMING SOON].
Learn more about NeighborhoodLIFT and the homebuying process with these videos.