NeighborhoodLIFT is has returned to Houston! NeighborhoodLIFT is a national down payment assistance program sponsored by Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. It provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 to use toward down payment and closing costs on qualified homes. For veterans and service members, teachers, paraprofessionals, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians, the program provides $17,500.
Avenue Community Development Corporation, Fifth Ward Community Redevelopment Corporation and the Tejano Center for Community Concerns are proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and Neighborworks America®. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it's right for you!
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians. More Info...
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in Houston. Income limits are higher for military service members, veterans, law enforcement officers, Pre-K-12th grade teachers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians. View Income Limits | View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in the city of Houston. View Map
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: No closings may take place before April 22, 2019.