Education for Established Homeowners
Annual Property Tax Workshops:
In partnership with the Harris County Appraisal District, Avenue hosts annual informational workshops on the ins and outs of property taxes in April of each year. If you are a current homeowner, you'll learn about how to understand your tax bill, how to file for common property tax exemptions and even protesting your property tax bill.
If you have any questions about our Property Tax Workshops or would like to receive an email when the dates for next year's workshops are posted, please call 713-864-9099 or email .
Avenue’s Counseling services can help homeowners navigate the ups and downs of homeownership. Our HUD-Certified Housing Counselors provide one-on-one counseling sessions for homeowners at no cost via Phone or virtually via Zoom.
- I’d like to see if I can take advantage of low interest rates and save on my mortgage payments.
- Avoiding Foreclosure/Forbearance
- I may not be able to make my mortgage payments in the near future and I would like to understand forbearance options.
- Homestead Exemptions
- I purchased my house in 2020 and want to make sure my Homestead exemption is in place for 2021.
- Property Taxes
- I would like more information on understanding and/or protesting property taxes.
If you have questions about any of these topics, call 713-864-9099 or email to schedule a counseling session.
Have you fallen behind on your mortgage?
Foreclosure Prevention counseling is available for homeowners that need guidance to figure out their options, find resources that may help, and/or to communicate with mortgage servicers.
Call the Homeownership Center at 713-864-9099 or email for Foreclosure Prevention Counseling at no cost.
COVID-19 Mortgage Forbearance information can be found HERE.