Education for Established Homeowners
Avenue’s Counseling services can help homeowners navigate the ups and downs of homeownership. Our HUD-Certified Housing Counselors provide one-on-one counseling sessions for homeowners at no cost via Phone or virtually via Zoom.
- I’d like to see if I can take advantage of low interest rates and save on my mortgage payments.
- Avoiding Foreclosure/Forbearance
- I may not be able to make my mortgage payments in the near future and I would like to understand forbearance options.
- Homestead Exemptions
- I purchased my house in 2020 and want to make sure my Homestead exemption is in place for 2021.
- Property Taxes
- I would like more information on understanding and/or protesting property taxes.
If you have questions about any of these homeownership topics, call 713-864-9099 to schedule a counseling session today.
You do not have to be a prior Avenue client in order to access any of these counseling services. Counseling services are always provided at no cost.
Have you fallen behind on your mortgage? If you need guidance to figure out your options, find resources that may help you, and/or to communicate with your mortgage servicer, call the Home-Ownership Center for Foreclosure Prevention Counseling at no cost to you. If our Foreclosure Prevention Counseling can’t meet your needs, we will direct you to other community resources.
Homeowners affected by COVID-19 can find information on mortgage forbearance HERE.