Needs Assessment Survey
If your household was impacted by the winter storm, we encourage you to complete the Needs Assessment Survey below.
The purpose of the survey is to understand the needs of our communities so that we can better serve you and advocate for more resources - it is not an application for assistance. As a survey participant, you will receive information on new resources as they become available. Your personal information won’t be shared with government entities.
For immediate access to help and resources DIAL 2-1-1.
Register with FEMA at https://bit.ly/FREEZEAssistance or call 1-800-621-3362.
PROPERTY DAMAGE ASSISTANCE
If you need assistance with home repairs, please visit the Connective Texas website for resources or call 2-1-1.
Request help from volunteer groups assisting with clean-up and home damage (muck & gut, tarping, tree removal, mold remediation). Call Crisis Clean Up at 1-844-965-1386 (English) and 1-844-968-1386 (Spanish). At this time, Avenue does not have a Home Repair program open to the public.
Protect Yourself Against Home Scams
Scammers are eager to prey on individuals during and in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. To get more information on common home scams or to report a scam, visit the page linked below.
Homeowner Counseling Available
Avenue’s Counseling services can help you navigate the ups and downs of homeownership by providing one-on-one counseling sessions for homeowners at no cost via Phone or virtually via Zoom.
- I'd like to ensure that my home has adequate coverage in preparation for a future disaster or home maintenance issue (freezing, flooding, burst pipes, roof damage, etc)
- I’d like to see if I can take advantage of low interest rates and save on my mortgage payments.
- I may not be able to make my mortgage payments in the near future and I would like to understand forbearance options.
- I purchased my home and want to make sure I have the correct tax exemption on my property.
- I would like more information on understanding and/or protesting property taxes
**You do not have to be a prior Avenue client in order to access any of these counseling services. Counseling services are always provided at no cost. **