- 2777 Days left to achieve target
Tropical Storm Imelda
Needs Assessment Survey
If your home was damaged by Tropical Storm Imelda, please fill out the Needs Assessment Survey linked below. This survey will be used to understand needs and inform response efforts - it is not an application for assistance. As resources become available to assist those affected by flooding, Harvey Home Connect will reach out to share information about those resources.
Below are some resources for homeowners that have been impacted by Tropical Storm Imelda. We will continue to add to this list as they become available.
- Call 211 Texas/United Way Helpline or visit their website HERE to get access to all currently available area-wide resources regardless if you are impacted by Imelda or not.
- Please take the Imelda Survey HERE and linked above that is currently being conducted to Assess Post-Storm Needs.
- If you are a Harris County Resident, please fill out the Home Flooding and Damage Report to the Harris County Flood Control District HERE. You can also give them a call at 346-286-4000.
- If you have suffered damages to your home, please connect to your Homeowners Insurance Agent as soon as possible for damages to be assessed.
- If you have a flood insurance policy, contact the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) HERE to start the claims process. You are advised to contact your Homeowners Insurance company before filing your NFIP claim.
- If you are in the process of cleaning out your home, you can connect to SBP HERE. If you would like to register for Muck & Gut efforts through other groups, call Crisis Cleanup at 1-800-451-1954. You can also check out the following resources.
- You may receive communication from your Mortgage Company notifying you that you may be eligible for a disaster related Forbearance on your mortgage loan. Meaning that your mortgage payments get put on hold for 90 days. Know that a forbearance should only be taken in extreme circumstances where you absolutely cannot make your mortgage payments, as the total of your missed mortgage payments will be due in full after the 90 period is over.
- If you have any questions about taking a forbearance, please email us at .
- If you had flood damage in your home, take lots of photos of all damage including water demarcation lines along the walls. You will need these for insurance claims as well as any other assistance programs that may be available down the line.
Please note that at this time, direct assistance providers have not been announced for those homeowners that have suffered damages to their homes. However, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo have established the Imelda Assistance Fund to meet the needs of those who have suffered damage during Tropical Storm Imelda and the flooding that followed.
For more information or to make a donation, please visit the Imelda Assistance Fund WEBSITE.