- 226 Days left to achieve target
Resident Supportive Services
Helping Residents Succeed
Avenue provides programming and services to residents of our multi-family housing complexes in order to provide them with the educational, financial, and vocational skills they need to be successful. Our services are designed to encourage residents to pursue and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Resident supportive services are offered at the following Avenue properties:
All of these properties offer after-school/summer programming for youth, including:
- Creative Corner – Students engage in art projects and activities, learning to work with different materials and techniques.
- Crazy Science – Students connect with the principles of science by conducting a variety of fun experiments.
- Fun Zone - Students learn through play, sharpening their critical thinking skills through board games and other activities, such as Jeopardy
- Kit-Based Program, in partnership with the Children's Museum of Houston - Students use activity kits provided by the Museum to explore math, science, and culture. Participants also receive free family passes to the Children’s Museum of Houston.
- Meal Program, in partnership with With Helping Hands – Children receive healthy, balanced, home-cooked meals, each containing protein, grains, vegetables, fruit, and milk.
All of these properties also offer programming to support adults and families, including:
- Referrals to social services and resources
- Rental assistance information for eviction prevention
- Health Fairs
- Community building events
- Disaster recovery counseling
Additional programs offered at selected properties include:
Financial Capability Program (Avenue Terrace, Avenue Station, and Las Brisas)
Financial coaching is provided to residents to help them achieve their financial goals. Participants are eligible to enroll in an Emergency Matched Savings program sponsored by NeighborWorks America and EARN. The intent of this program is to help families build emergency savings - an important first step toward long-term financial sustainability.
Little Free Library (Avenue Terrace and Las Brisas)
This free “take a book, leave a book” book exchange plays an essential role in supporting literacy by providing 24/7 access in a community where books can be a scarce commodity.
Resident Leadership Team (Avenue Station)
Residents are being engaged to create a leadership team following the same successful, collaborative model as the GO Neighborhoods Community Building and Engagement Teams.