Avenue CDC is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue CDC has been in existence for 26 years and offers competitive compensation plans and benefits programs.
In the months after Hurricane Harvey, Avenue responded to the community’s need for housing by developing its Single-Family Home Repair Program. The intent of this program is to return low-to-moderate income Houstonians to safe, livable conditions, and to provide stable housing so that other unmet needs can begin to be addressed. Avenue Community Development Corporation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Single-Family Housing Repair Coordinator to assist in the repair of flood-damaged homes in Houston.
The Coordinator will assist affected homeowners in navigating the repair process by helping the homeowner engage suitable contractors to repair their flood-damaged homes, and in managing the overall repair process from estimation to project completion. The Coordinator will also insure that repair funds provided by Avenue to the project are appropriately committed and disbursed by vetting contractors, developing comprehensive Scopes of Work, and reviewing all estimates, contracts, and work completed by contractors.
Single-Family Home Repair Program
The Coordinator will assist in the implementation of Avenue’s Single-Family Home Repair Program by:
- Coordinating with the homeowner and Avenue staff in preparation of Avenue’s scope and estimate of the required home repairs;
- Assisting the homeowner to engage a reputable contractor and secure a fair contract for the homeowner;
- Ensuring all homes are prepared for pending construction activities by ordering and tracking necessary site services;
- Assisting the homeowner through the repair process including helping the homeowner to manage the contractor, process payments and change orders and to achieve successful completion of the project;
- In tandem with the Home Repair Navigator, act as the liaison between contractors and homeowners when conflicts or issues arise;
- Maintaining up-to-date files on all projects, and tracking projects against established budgets and deadlines;
- Coordinating, when necessary, the use of volunteers or voluntary organizations who are assisting in the home repair process;
- Troubleshooting problems which may arise in the program and recommending and implementing corrective action as directed;
- Assist the Manager in preparation of necessary reports; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience in architecture, home repair/remodeling, or construction. Applicable experience maybe substituted for educational requirement.
- Knowledge of and experience with common home repair processes and materials.
- Excellent organizational skills. Conscientious and very detailed-oriented. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks as well as manage long- and short-term assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including volunteers, contractors/subcontractors, architects, engineers, and community residents.
- Must have a good sense of humor, ability to work in a dynamic environment, enthusiasm and an outcomes focus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and at least three professional references, via E-MAIL to:
Please type “Single Family Home Repair Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Real Estate Development|