The Real Estate Development program Assistant (“Program Assistant”), working in close association with the Directors of Multi-Family and Single-Family Development (“Director”), will perform a variety of duties and tasks with respect to program administration including, but not limited to:
- Assist Project Managers and Directors by performing administrative tasks including document filing (electronic and hardcopy), copying and processing. Under the direction of staff, the Program Assistant may also prepare documents.
- Assist Project Managers and Directors by updating/editing spreadsheets and presentation materials including PowerPoint presentations developed by program staff.
- Assist Project Managers and Directors in preparation and submittal of tax credit, loan, and grant applications for various funding opportunities.
- Manage home maintenance process after contractor turns over houses to Avenue CDC. This includes turning on utility services, keeping houses clean, neat and stocked as needed, and insuring that lawns are watered, trimmed and free of ants and weeds. This position will contract outside support (i.e. lawn maintenance), as needed.
- Manage the homeowner warranty process, which includes creating the homeowner manuals, and distributing them with keys to homeowners after each closing funds.
- Use Adobe Photo Shop and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint, and/or Word to develop marketing materials (signs, flyers, brochures) for projects.
- Update program information on the Avenue website.
- Assist in marketing activities, as follows: 1) Coordinating details for marketing events such as open houses and grand openings as needed; 2) Meeting potential homebuyers and educating them regarding Avenue and our houses; 3) Circulating marketing flyers and interacting with staff to “get the word out” regarding available houses for sale.
- Coordinate payments on construction draws and invoices while maintaining accurate records of all transactions.
- Coordinating supplies for and maintenance of the program offices.
- Assist in revising development procedures as they change.
- And perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience in architecture, construction, or real estate. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Publisher, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and AutoCAD design software (all preferred; training provided as necessary).
- Bi-lingual capability (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license.
What We Offer:
In addition to the opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to all employees.
- Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance and ADD – 100% Employer Paid
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Medical – 100% Employer Paid for Base Plan (four plans offered)*
*required to work average of 30 hours + per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
- Paid vacation for both part-time and full-time employees
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
Submit the following information via email to with the subject line Real Estate Development Program Assistant.
- Cover letter explaining:
a. How your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position
b. Salary requirement
- Three (3) professional references with contact information
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Real Estate Development|