Who We Are:
Avenue is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. We are a values-led organization with a culture of appreciation. Our team upholds our values in pursuit of our mission and in our day-to-day actions and interactions:
- Neighborly – We bring a friendly, caring, and helpful spirit to all of our interactions, both within our team, and with others.
- Integrity – We foster an environment of transparency and honesty that is built on respect and openness
- Collaborative – We use teamwork and strong partnerships to maximize our impact
- Effective – We achieve excellence through measurable, impactful outcomes
- Equity – We strive for equal access to opportunity and participation, while acknowledging diversity and celebrating our differences
Avenue serves over 5,000 people annually through four main lines of business: affordable housing, family asset building, community initiatives programming, and home repair. We seek passionate, dedicated employees to help us fulfill our mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenuecdc.org.
Avenue Community Development Corporation (Avenue) seeks a qualified Property Manager to help manage our growing portfolio of homes and apartment communities in Houston.
- Minimum of 3 years property management experience required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work occasional weekend hours as required
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) highly preferred
- Completion of some college preferred
- Candidates possessing an active TREC Real-Estate Sales Agent license are preferred; all other candidates must have the ability to obtain a real-estate license within the first 12 months of employment (review state licensing requirements https://www.trec.texas.gov/become-licensed/sales-agent )
The Property Manager’s duties include marketing, leasing, rent collections, and overseeing maintenance. Specifically, the Property Manager will:
- Market and Provide Tours of Available Units (50%)
- Travel off-site to Avenue owned or managed properties to provide tours of available units
- Provide excellent customer service to the public, responding timely and courteously to phone and email inquiries in alignment with Avenue’s values
- Maintain accurate records in ResMan property management software (25%)
- collect & post rent payments
- qualify prospects & prepare leases
- file evictions
- Oversee maintenance and repairs (25%)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess superior customer service skills, including the ability to deescalate difficult customers and/or situations while upholding our company values.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to adjust priorities on a daily basis
- Experience using ResMan property management software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and proficiency with ResMan Property Management software
The work environment is a temperature-controlled office with a moderate noise level. This role will be required to visit physical job sites where minor demolition and construction take place to accomplish the essential functions of the job. In the event of work being performed outside of a temperature-controlled office environment, it is required that appropriate clothing, footwear and PPE are always worn to maintain safety standards.
What We Offer:
Avenue believes that our team members are our greatest asset in fulfilling our mission. In addition to opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to eligible employees.
- Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance & ADD - 100% Employer Paid
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Medical – 100% Employer Paid for base plan (four plans offered) *
*Required to work average of 30+ hours per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
- Paid Vacation for both Part-Time* and Full-Time Employees
- Paid Health and Wellness Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
*Required to work average of 20+ hours per week to be eligible; accrued on a pro-rated basis
1. Cover letter explaining:
a. how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and
b. your salary requirements.
3. Three (3) professional references with contact information
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer