Avenue Community Development Corporation seeks a qualified Property Manager to manage a 33-unit portfolio of homes and apartments located near downtown Houston. This is a part-time position (estimated 30 hours per week) with a flexible work schedule.
Avenue CDC is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue CDC has been in existence for 26 years, offers competitive compensation plans, and benefits programs.
Community and teamwork are critical to the success of Avenue. We are always looking for passionate, dedicated employees to help us continue the mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenecdc.org.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
The Property Manager’s duties include marketing, leasing, rent collections, and overseeing maintenance.
Specifically, the Property Manager will:
- respond to phone and email inquiries
- market & provide tours of available units
- qualify prospects
- prepare leases
- collect & post rents
- maintain and update records in property management software
- oversee maintenance and repairs
- file evictions
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to adjust priorities on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and familiarity with property management software.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
- Minimum of 3 years property management experience required
What We Offer:
In addition to opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to eligible employees.
- Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance and ADD – 100% Employer Paid
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Medical – 100% Employer Paid for Base Plan (four plans offered)*
*required to work average of 30 hours + per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
- Paid vacation for both part-time and full-time employees
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
Submit the following via email to with "Property Manager" in the subject line:
1. Cover letter explaining:
a. how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and
b. your salary requirements.
3. Three (3) professional references with contact information
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer