WHO WE ARE
Avenue is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. We are a values-led organization with a culture of appreciation. Our team upholds our values in pursuit of our mission and in our day-to-day actions and interactions:
- Neighborly – We bring a friendly, caring, and helpful spirit to all of our interactions, both within our team, and with others.
- Integrity – We foster an environment of transparency and honesty that is built on respect and openness
- Collaborative – We use teamwork and strong partnerships to maximize our impact
- Effective – We achieve excellence through measurable, impactful outcomes
- Equity – We strive for equal access to opportunity and participation, while acknowledging diversity and celebrating our differences
Avenue serves over 5,000 people annually through four main lines of business: affordable housing, family asset building, community initiatives programming, and home repair. We seek passionate, dedicated employees to help us fulfill our mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenuecdc.org.
Avenue seeks a qualified PROGRAM ASSOCIATE to work in collaboration with the Community Initiatives (CI) team to advance the resident led work of strengthening our targeted communities of Near Northside and Northline.
The Program Associate provides critical administrative, logistical and marketing support to the CI team. This position will work from our office 90% of the time and also involves limited weekly trips to stores/restaurants for pickup and delivery of supplies, materials or food.
- Database management (25% of time)
- Regular data entry and record maintenance of participants (meetings, events) in Salesforce and another proprietary cloud-based database as required by a major funder
- Create reports to provide team with essential information/insights in order to improve programming, program management or department efficiencies.
- Work diligently to ensure high quality data and partner with Avenue’s lead for Salesforce to ensure the system works well for the team’s needs.
- Serve as the team lead for answering questions or training around use of the databases.
- Liaise with the Grants Coordinator in our Fund Development department to provide them with data as needed for fund development/reporting purposes.
- Grant Administration (25% of time)
- Review grant agreements and ensure reporting deadlines and deliverables are Issuing pass-thru grants to community partners
- Provide support with data or editing for grant reports or applications.
- Event and Meeting Support (25% of time)
- Provide administrative support to CI staff essential in the proper planning of an event including: signups/registration, printing/prepping of materials (e.g. binders for trainings), printing of sign-in sheets and name tags, ordering of supplies/food/other equipment.
- Applying for permits, scheduling security, ensuring proper signage and insurance certificates for larger events.
- Liase with finance department for the purchase of any gift cards as needed
- Scheduling of vendors as directed by team members for larger events
- Creating and oversight of EventBrite for event participants and vendors to register
- Program Administration (15% of time)
- Processing payment requests/invoices
- Updating of program/project budgets (Excel)
- Marketing (10% of time)
- Lead administrator of CI’s social media (Facebook)
- Update content on Avenue’s website for department (WordPress)
- Compilation of a monthly newsletter by collecting information from contributors, managing calendar of events, writing short articles to share wins in the community
- Create flyers as requested by team for event promotion/outreach (Canva)
- Create and send email blasts to our subscribers for special events (Constant Contact)
- Create and send texts reminders to approved contacts for event turnout (Salesforce)
- Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
- Professionalism in interacting with peers, community residents, management and supervisors
- Ability to become proficient in new software
- Ability to identify areas of improvement for processes, policies and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and occasional projects
- Precision and attention to detail, well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member
- Project management skills or desire to learn them
- Flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including funders, public officials, partners and neighborhood residents
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two or more (2+ years) of related experience maintaining data, working in databases, processing invoices/payments, supporting events or other forms of handling logistics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to support teams in diverse settings
WHAT WE OFFER
Avenue believes that our team members are our greatest asset in fulfilling our mission. In addition to opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to eligible employees.
- Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance & ADD - 100% Employer Paid
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Medical – 100% Employer Paid for base plan (four plans offered) *
*Required to work average of 30+ hours per week to be eligible
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
- Paid Vacation for both Part-Time* and Full-Time Employees
- Paid Health and Wellness Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
*Required to work average of 20+ hours per week to be eligible; accrued on a pro-rated basis
- Cover letter that explains the following:
- how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and;
- your salary requirements.
- Three professional references
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||Community Initiatives|