Who We Are:
Avenue is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue has been in existence for 26 years and offers competitive compensation plans and benefits programs.
Community and teamwork are critical to the success of Avenue. We are always looking for passionate, dedicated employees to help us continue the mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenuecdc.org.
|Job Title: Program Assistant, Northline||FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly|
|Reports to: Northline Coordinator||Supervises Others: No|
|Schedule (# of Hours): 40 hours per week||Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-time|
Working in the Community Initiatives team is a rewarding challenge. Every day is different and projects are constantly starting, evolving, and closing out. The environment is fast paced yet thoughtful, and there is ample room for creativity and independence, although most projects are carried out with team support. The main focus of the program assistant is to support the implementation of the “Our Northline, A Health Equity Plan” by assisting the Northline coordinator with project execution and outreach. This position consists of 30% of time outside of the office, and a maximum of two Saturdays and six evenings of work a month. Schedules will be adjusted in order to not exceed the 40-hour weekly load.
- 70% Event and Meeting Support (Event planning, logistics, promotion, turn out and set up)
- 20% Data Entry (participation lists and budgets on Salesforce, Excel, Wells Fargo reporting, and the LISC system)
- 10% Community Engagement (Represent Avenue at events, one on one meetings, and other opportunities)
- Excellent Communication
- Computer competency
- Bachelor’s degree
- Spanish language proficiency is essential to success in this role
- Demonstrated ability to support teams in diverse settings
- Strong project management skills
- Strong telephone and communication skills
What We Offer:
In addition to opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to eligible employees.
- Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance & ADD - 100% Employer Paid
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Medical – 100% Employer Paid for base plan (four plans offered) *
*required to work average of 30 hours+ per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
- Paid Vacation for both Part-Time and Full-Time Employees
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cover letter that explains the following:
- how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and;
- your salary requirements.
- Three professional references
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Community Initiatives|