The Northline Community Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and implementation of multiple placed based community transformation initiatives in the neighborhood. This staff member will carry-out outreach, organizing and research efforts in coordination with other CI team members to assist in the implementation of the neighborhood plan, “Our Northline, a Health Equity Plan”. This position also serves as a project manager on any number of related projects and supports the communication strategy for the local program including reporting and leveraging financial and other resources to implement the plan. They report to the CI Manager and work in conjunction with the other staff across Avenue’s departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordination of Northline Action Teams
- Planning and Execution of Rebuilding Northside Together
- Coordination and Management of Northline Grant Applications
- Support of Northline Leadership Team
- Coordination of the Northline Safety Initiative
- Support of Northline Civic Clubs
- Management of Clark Park Revitalization efforts
- Oversee the Northline Immigration Initiative
- Development and Planning of Micro-Enterprise Initiative
Daily Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coalition building, convening and strategizing
- Building relationships and identifying new resident leadership
- Project Management and reporting for various grants
- Establish and maintain contact with residents and community organizations
- Network with community groups in conjunction with the community and resident leaders as appropriate.
- Coordinate and carry-out logistics for meetings, events and relevant activities.
- Maintain record keeping information systems.
- Attend and participate in community meetings, forums, and public events as required.
- Generating organizational and community commitment to new priorities and projects.
- Assessing existing programs operating within the organization’s neighborhood and identifying service deficiencies and opportunities.
- Preparing reports, as required, for submission to our funding partners.
- Maintain the standards set by the policies and procedures of the Community Building and Engagement program to ensure the successful operation of the program.
- Adhere to the employee guidelines as specified by Avenue.
- Daily use of personal vehicle is anticipated.
Qualifications The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional organizational and planning skills, and will be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to assist with several projects simultaneously. The Community Coordinator must also have strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working with diverse groups of neighborhood stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; three plus years in program management experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 4 years related work or volunteer experience with community organizing in low to moderate income communities
- 1 or more years managing volunteers in a formal program or capacity
- Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams in diverse settings
- Strong project management skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Noise Level The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and at least three professional references, via E-MAIL to:
Please type “Northline Community Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Community Initiatives|