The Program Assistant serves as a driving force for the organization by providing excellent customer service to all prospective clients who call, walk-in and visit our website as well as provide support in executing the logistics of the Education and Counseling departments. The Program Assistant positively influences the perception of the organization’s value in the market with competency, efficiency and follow-through.
The Program Assistant works closely with all staff on the homeownership team to ensure clients are receiving the individualized services in a timely and thorough manner. This position plays an essential role in the mission of creating sustainable homeowners by supporting the concerted efforts of the education and counseling teams in their day to day work. Being in the customer facing role at the HomeOwnership Center allows the Program Assistant to further the work of these two teams by coordinating customer service efforts and completion of essential tasks.
The Program Assistant reports to the Counseling Program Manager.
- Answering the phone and speaking with prospective clients about our services and products and answering relevant program question.
- Developing a good base of working knowledge on the products and services offered at the HomeOwnership Center and throughout all of Avenue.
- Managing all incoming communication from past, prospective and future clients via phone, email, and client-facing technology to ensure excellent customer service.
- Daily reviewing of new leads report in Salesforce and beginning outreach.
- Providing personalized, one-on-one outreach to leads via phone calls or emails in order to positively influence the lead’s perception of the organization and perception of the value of the organization’s services.
- Documenting leads development progress in Salesforce including the conversion of leads to customers as well as deactivating leads that are not viable.
- If applicable, assign ownership of leads to other members of the homeownership team as capacity and work load dictate
- Handling class preparation duties such as creating workbooks, readying the classroom, confirming staff attendance, confirming participant roster, etc.
- Troubleshooting client registration/technical issue via online registration and scheduling tools
- Managing office supplies inventory on a regular basis
- Acting as support staff to office in order to facilitate the overall mission of the HomeOwnership Center.
- Building a sufficient rapport with all clients seeking our services or having questions in order to continue creating a supportive relationship between the community and our organization.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish is essential and a priority.
- Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
- Professionalism in interacting with staff, peers, management, and supervisors
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all information
- Ability to become proficient quickly in new software
- Ability to identify areas of improvement for processes, policies and procedures
- Management of complex and changing processes an requirements
- Management of operations and workflows that support a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and occasional projects
- Precision and attention to detail, well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- One to two years of professional experience
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with diverse individuals
- Ability to sense when people are overwhelmed and to break obstacles down to manageable steps
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member
- Ability to sit or stand on occasion for long periods of time
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in marketing, sales, communications, business or related field
- Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred, requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Essential is a strong aptitude for learning new software and equipment using it proficiently to facilitate work load.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in housing, community development services preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of thisjob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to work evenings and weekends with travel throughout the area as required.
Noise Level: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Submit the following via email , with "HOC Program Assistant" in the subject line:
1. Cover letter explaining:
a. how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and
b. your salary requirements.
3. Three professional references
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Family Asset Building|