Part-time position (as needed, mainly on Saturdays or weekday evenings)
The Classroom Assistant serves as support staff during Homebuyer Education Classes and workshops that are typically held on Saturdays or weekday evenings. This individual is vital to the successful organization of class days by providing excellent customer service to all registered clients that are attending the class, answering questions to any prospective clients that call or stop by and entering data into the client database.
The Classroom Assistant positively influences the perception of the organization’s value in providing
homebuyer education classes with competency, efficiency and follow‐through throughout the class day.
The Classroom Assistant works closely with the Counseling Program Manager and the roster of instructors
that are on a rotating schedule. To ensure registered participants are receiving individualized services in a
timely and thorough manner, the classroom assistant will follow a daily schedule along with itemized
checklists to ensure completion of all tasks.
The Program Assistant reports to the Counseling Program Manager.
- Welcoming registered clients and answering relevant program question.
- Developing a good base of working knowledge on the products and services offered at the HomeOwnership Center and throughout all of Avenue.
- Complete and thorough data entry into Salesforce (client database)
- Preparing and maintaining the classroom space neat and accessible
- Preparing and refilling refreshments as needed
- Troubleshooting client registration/technical issue via online registration and scheduling tools
- Acting as support staff to the classroom instructor in order to facilitate the successful execution of the class or workshop being presented.
- Building a sufficient rapport with all clients seeking our services in order to maintain a collaborative relationship between the community members and our organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish is essential and a priority.
- Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
- Professionalism in interacting with staff, peers, management, and supervisors
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all information
- Ability to become proficient quickly in new software
- Management of complex and changing processes an requirements
- Precision and attention to detail, well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- All candidates must pass a criminal background check
Submit a resume via email , with "HOC Classroom Assistant" in the subject line.
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Family Asset Building|