The Grant Management Specialist contributes to smooth cross-departmental, functioning of the grant application, review, reporting and monitoring processes. Primary responsibilities include administrative support, schedule management, data tracking and reporting and compliance.
The Grant Management Specialist will:
- Grant application reviews for compliance (budgets and programmatic workplans)
- Meet regularly with Finance Director and program directors/managers to monitor and report on grant expenditures, ensuring that funds are spent in accordance with the approved budget, in a timely manner, and in compliance with funder’s guidelines.
- Foster organizational compliance with granting agency regulations and requirements.
- Execute quality information and data management for tracking and reporting.
- Provides reporting on progress as required as well as ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Maintain grants calendar for reporting due dates.
- Maintain clear, organized records on grants including master files and all associated paperwork
- Track, analyze and report on outputs and outcomes of grant-funded programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
- Professionalism in interacting with staff, peers, management and supervisors
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all information
- Ability to become proficient quickly in new software
- Ability to identify areas of improvement for processes, policies and procedures
- Management of complex and changing processes as requirements
- Management of operations and workflows that support a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and occasional projects
- Precision and attention to detail, well organized
- Team orientation, with proven ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with staff and external parties.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and manage long- and short-term assignments simultaneously, in a fluid and fast-paced work environment.
- Project management ability or desire to learn.
- Flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including foundations, public agencies, corporate leaders, community development organizations and neighborhood residents.
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with diverse individuals
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience: 3 – 5 years of related work experience in grant coordination and compliance and/or analysis and reporting
- Computer Skills: Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Submit the following via email :
- Cover letter explaining:
- how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and
- include your salary requirements.
Three professional references
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer