The Finance Director is responsible for ensuring effective financial management, accounting, and risk management systems. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Finance Director is involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development. The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing budgets and financial reports
- Reviewing expenditures for compliance with contracts
- Maintenance of insurance policies
- Supervising Asset Manager responsible for oversight of rental housing portfolio
- Providing oversight for technical operating systems (IT, telephones and office equipment)
- Administering employee benefit plans including health care coverage and Avenue’s 401(k) plan
- Excellent people skills, experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary and diverse team
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Effectiveness in leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Avenue’s mission and values.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, Accounting, or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of five years in financial management and accounting, preferably in the non-profit sector, including budgeting, reporting, audit, and compliance.
- Computer Skills: Ability to work with IT staff to implement new systems to increase efficiency.
Submit the following via email , with "Finance Director" in the subject line:
1. Cover letter explaining:
a. how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and
b. your salary requirements.
3. Three professional references
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer