Avenue Community Development Corporation seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to join our Administrative Team. This is a full-time position.
Avenue CDC is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue CDC has been in existence for 26 years, offers competitive compensation plans, and benefits programs.
Community and teamwork are critical to the success of Avenue. We are always looking for passionate, dedicated employees to help us continue the mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenuecdc.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant supports the Executive Director (ED) on all work-related activities, functions, and administrative tasks. A qualified candidate will have experience managing an extensive and detailed Outlook calendar, a history of executing all aspects of both on-site and off-site meetings, the ability to record detailed meeting notes, field incoming calls and emails, work in collaboration with the Executive Director on all project planning, execution, and daily administrative activities. This position requires the ability to engage professionally, courteously, and with a customer-service oriented approach with board members, executive committee members, patrons, business professionals and other VIP's. The Executive Assistant manages the main office receptionist and front office operations. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will provide secondary support to the Deputy Director.
- Extensive Outlook calendar management for Executive Director (ED). This includes scheduling meetings, events, drive time, conference calls, travel itineraries, tentative plans and action items/tasks.
- Supports ED with correspondence, emails, incoming requests, RSVP's, project planning/execution, preparing presentations and printed materials for meetings.
- Planning, scheduling and execution of key meetings, including set-up/break down, ordering food/beverages, execution of requested materials or AV needs, assisting attendees, and being the liaison for the ED. Frequent offsite travel (local) will be required for meetings/events.
- Responsible for typing written meeting notes and saving them in the appropriate location specified by the ED.
- Collaboration with ED on preparing presentations to Board, staff, and external audiences. Presentation materials include; PowerPoints, written materials/reports, agendas, spreadsheets, and visual displays.
- Responsible for fielding incoming email and phone calls for the ED. Ability to professionally and promptly handle all calls. Requires exceptional communication skills combined with a high level of sensitivity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and the ability to take detailed messages and refer calls appropriately.
- Responsible for general administrative functions including ordering ED supplies, scanning documents for electronic files, creating/maintaining paper files, making travel arrangements, completing mileage/reimbursement forms, check requests, updating accounts and managing ED online files.
- Communicates directly with Board and Staff Members on the behalf of the ED.
- Attends board meetings and records board meeting minutes
- Provides general support for Deputy Director (DD) by ordering team materials, food, travel arrangements, mileage reports, credit card reports, editing docs, HR Assistance, logistic setup for meetings, create invoices, liaison between DD and staff/outside partners.
- Provides back-up front desk support which includes answering phone calls, greeting visitors, sorting mail, recording/mailing checks.
- Keeps record of received Subordinate Lien Notes and files the Lien Notes in the safe
- Responsible for the Employee Appreciation Program – tracking all employee anniversaries and birthdays, purchasing cards and gifts, collecting signatures, and coordinating celebrations.
- Makes arrangements and purchases materials for staff events (holiday party, quarterly staff celebrations, monthly staff meetings).
- Responsible for data entry for both the ED and DD.
- Responsible for supervision of front desk receptionist
- Supervises front office operations
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
Competencies and Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous Learning - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) Word Processing software and Microsoft Outlook Spreadsheet software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required
- At least one to two years of administrative experience in a non-profit setting is desired, but not required.
- The candidate should have experience working with executive professionals, board members, and executive committees.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- The candidate should also be capable of planning, multi-tasking, maintaining organization values, paying attention to detail, possess problem solving skills, and maintain flexibility as priorities change.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation
What We Offer:
In addition to opportunity for growth and meaningful work, medical benefits and paid leave are offered to eligible employees.
• Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
• Long Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
• Life Insurance & ADD - 100% Employer Paid
• 401k Plan with Employer Match
• Medical – 100% Employer Paid for base plan (four plans offered) *
*required to work average of 30 hours+ per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
• Paid Vacation for both Part-Time and Full-Time Employees
• Sick Leave
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Parental Leave
Please CLICK HERE to apply.
Only online applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.