The responsibility of the Loan originator will be to originate down payment assistance (subordinate) loans for low-to-moderate income homebuyers, comply with all Dodd Frank regulations and issue the proper disclosures to borrowers obtaining a Down Payment Assistance loan. Specifically, the Loan Originator will execute initial disclosures and verify that the homebuyer’s purchase complies with the subordinate loan’s program guidelines, interview the homebuyer and gather necessary information in order to complete the loan application (including but not limited to: pay stubs, tax returns and bank statements). During the mortgage loan process, the loan originator will communicate with internal departments managing other aspects of the program. In addition, the Loan originator will communicate to external partners such as 1st mortgage lenders, title companies, and real estate agents as needed. The Loan Originator will process 1st mortgage lender packages to ensure loan eligibility before issuing a Closing Disclosure to the borrower.
Additionally, all loan originators will be familiar with the following:
• Mortgage principles
• TRID (Integrated Disclosure forms)
• Homeowners Protection Act (HPA)
• Privacy Laws
• Fair lending laws
• Understand the basic functions of Loan Origination, Processing and Underwriting
• Originate subordinate loans
• Calculate loan ratios
• Communicate with lender partners and internal team members
• Interview homebuyers
• Proficient in Salesforce or other customer relationship management systems.
• Demonstrate a proven track record of building and fostering relationships with key stakeholders within the mortgage industry.
• Experience with Loan origination systems (Calyx preferred).
• Ability to provide excellent customer service in person and on the phone.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
• Ability to handle stressful situations with calmness and courtesy.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent records and file management skills.
• Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• Basic mathematical skills to calculate income properly.
• Two year minimum loan origination experience or non-profit or affordable housing experience.
• Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Active (or ability to become active) as an NMLS Licensed Loan Originator in the state of Texas
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires frequent sitting, occasional walking, standing, stooping, bending and twisting of the neck, bending and twisting from the waist, and reaching overhead. This position requires frequent fine manipulation and simple grasping of both right and left hands (e.g. typing, holding telephone receiver, and utilizing writing implements.) This position requires occasional lifting of no more than 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a temperature-controlled office with a moderate noise level. In the event of work being performed outside of a temperature-controlled office environment, it is required that appropriate clothing, footwear and PPE are always worn to maintain safety standards.
What We Offer:
In addition to opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to eligible employees.
- Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance & ADD - 100% Employer Paid
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Medical – 100% Employer Paid for base plan (four plans offered) *
*required to work average of 30 hours+ per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
- Paid Vacation for both Part-Time and Full-Time Employees
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
To apply, please submit the following information via email to with the email subject: AFFORDABLE HOUSING LOAN OFFICER
1. Cover letter that explains the following:
- how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position
- salary requirements
3. Three professional references
At this time, only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||Family Asset Building|