Houston's Largest Silent Art Auction
Event Dates: Tuesday, September 15 through Saturday, September 19
LIVESTREAM: The livestream program will be available for viewing soon.
Location: ONLINE + Winter Street Studios, 2101 Winter Street, Houston, TX 77007
(limited in-person viewing hours)
More than 250 artists contribute to Art on the Avenue—Houston’s largest silent art auction and annual fundraiser for Avenue. This annual event raises funds to enhance the quality of life of working families, and to promote healthy, vibrant, and economically diverse neighborhoods to ensure Houston’s future as a world-class city.
Due to the ongoing risk of the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s event will take place mostly virtually - over five days – with an online auction and the option to view artwork in person safely during open hours and by appointment. We will be implementing strict safety guidelines and will require that all in-person visitors adhere to them in order to participate. A livestream program will take place on Saturday to close out the auction and contactless curbside pickup is available for all winning bidders.
Art on the Avenue is free to attend online and in-person at Winter Street Studios, but donations and event sponsorships are encouraged. Click the “Become a Sponsor” button for more information. Stay tuned to this space for information on how to reserve your free ticket on Handbid.
Proceeds raised from this event support Avenue’s mission to build affordable homes and strengthen communities but also the artists themselves. Participating artists have the option to donate all or part of their auction sales with Avenue.
There are two ways to participate in Art on the Avenue this year:
1. REGISTER for the event – If you plan on only participating online, registering for the event will give you free, full access to the auction from the comfort of your home.
2. RESERVE a ticket – If you plan on visiting Winter Street Studios to view the artwork in person, please reserve your free ticket. You will be automatically registered for the event. At this time, you will have the option to choose a ticket for “open hours” or “by appointment." Note that the arrival times for appointments are staggered in 30 minute intervals to ensure we adhere to reduced capacity limits and allow guests to maintain safe social distancing.
Both options will allow you to bid online through Handbid and view the live stream program.
Questions about using Handbid or having trouble with registration?
• Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday – 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
• Friday – 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
• Saturday – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
By Appointment Only
• Tuesday & Wednesday – 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
• Friday – 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Exclusive Sponsor-Only Hours:
• Thursday 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Thank you to our Sponsors
- Bank of Texas
- Greater Northside Management District
- Regions Bank
- Amegy Bank
- Bank of America
- Kelly Simmons and Keith Crane
- First Horizon Bank
- Shamsa Mangalji
- Northfield Design Associates, Inc.
- Westmont Hospitality Group
- Wilson Cribbs + Goren
- Kirksey Architecture
- Thomas and Amy Stroh
- Texas Inter-Faith Management
- Trustmark Bank
- Arch ∙ Con
- Mary Q. Kelly
- Mary Lawler & Hon. Peter Kelly
- Michael McGinity
- Yuraima Rodriguez
- Kyle Shelton
- John E. Walsh, Jr.
Honors English Teacher, KIPP CONNECT High School
Director of Asset Management, Westmont Hospitality Group
Senior Writer and Critic - Arts and Culture, Houston Chronicle
Restaurateur & Raconteur
Art on the Avenue Committee
Samantha Desmond, Carbonara Group
Lynn Ellis, eEvents Group