Avenue is a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency. We provide education and counseling for homebuyers looking to purchase their first home, homeowners seeking to maintain sustainable homeownership and for homeowners that are in default on their mortgage and want to prevent foreclosure of their property.
We created the video below to answer some frequently asked questions about foreclosure prevention during the COVID-19 pandemic. Links are provided below the video for additional information.
- HUD authorizes FHA to implement a foreclosure and eviction moratorium for the next 60 days: https://www.hud.gov/press/press_releases_media_advisories/HUD_No_20_042
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac suspend foreclosures and evictions for 60 days: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/fannie-mae-freddie-mac-hud-suspending-all-foreclosures-and-evictions/
- Do you have a Freddie Mac loan: https://ww3.freddiemac.com/loanlookup/
- Do you have a Fannie Mae loan: https://www.knowyouroptions.com/loanlookup
- Texas Workforce Commission website to sign up for unemployment benefits : https://apps.twc.state.tx.us/UBS/security/selfRegister.do
- What is a Mortgage Forbearance: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-is-forbearance-en-289/
- What is a Mortgage Modification: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-is-a-mortgage-loan-modification-en-269/
- How to prevent falling for Foreclosure Scams during times of crisis: