Avenue is a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency. We provide education and counseling for homebuyers looking to purchase their first home, homeowners seeking to maintain sustainable homeownership and for homeowners that are in default on their mortgage and want to prevent foreclosure of their property.
We created the video linked HERE to answer some frequently asked questions about foreclosure prevention at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020.
The video below is updated in December 2020 and includes information and resources for homeowners interested in mortgage forbearance. Links are provided below the video for additional information.
- HUD authorizes FHA to extend the foreclosure and eviction moratorium until December 31, 2020: https://www.hud.gov/press/press_releases_media_advisories/HUD_No_20_134
- Veterans Administration extends the foreclosure and eviction moratorium until December 31, 2020: https://benefits.va.gov/homeloans/cares-act-frequently-asked-questions.asp
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac extend the foreclosures and evictions moratorium until January 31, 2021: https://www.fhfa.gov/Media/PublicAffairs/Pages/FHFA-Extends-Foreclosure-and-REO-Eviction-Moratoriums-12022020.aspx
- Do you have a Freddie Mac loan: https://ww3.freddiemac.com/loanlookup/
- Do you have a Fannie Mae loan: https://www.knowyouroptions.com/loanlookup
- Avoiding Covid-19 Scams: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus/avoiding-scams/
- Texas Workforce Commission website to sign up for unemployment benefits: https://apps.twc.state.tx.us/UBS/security/selfRegister.do
- What is a Mortgage Forbearance: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-is-forbearance-en-289/
- What is a Mortgage Modification: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-is-a-mortgage-loan-modification-en-269/
- How to prevent falling for Foreclosure Scams during times of crisis: