Please read ALL directions below before schedueling your CalendarSpot appointment. If you do not provide required docs, your appointment will be cancelled.
To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Please read and follow the instructions below.
- Get StartedSign up online at CALENDAR SPOTS Appointments are only available online and on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointment slots are limited to funds available. Regardless of where you completed your homebuyer education, you can schedule your appointment at anyone of the three NW organizations (Avenue CDC, Tejano Center, or Fifth Ward CRC). NOTE: Appointments CANNOT be made by phone.
- The number of available appointments matches the currently available funds. Once these appointments are filled, the only open appointments will come as the result of a cancellation. No waiting list will be kept—buyers should check the registration site frequently for any new availability.
- Submit the three (3) required documents below within 24 hours of making your appointment. Documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR LAST NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL. Failure to submit these documents within 24 hours or incomplete documents will automatically cancel your appointment. You will need to be able to submit electronic copies of your documents:
- Mortgage Preapproval from a NeighborhoodLIFT Approved Lender
- Signed sales contract, 1st, 2nd and signature page executed (signed by all parties)
- Homebuyer Education Certificate from Avenue CDC or another HUD-approved agency
Your lender or real estate professional may be able to assist you with submitting these documents online.
- Avenue CDC will confirm scheduled appointment requests within 48 business hours from receipt of all documents. You will receive an email accepting the scheduled date and time—the email will state that your “appointment was accepted”. This is NOT a confirmation of your eligibility for the program.
- If you fail to submit all required documents within 24 hours or if you make an appointment with the wrong agency, your appointment request will be cancelled. If you submit only partial documentation or you received your homebuyer education certificate from Avenue CDC or another HUD-approved agency but made your appointment with Fifth Ward CRC or Tejano Center, your appointment request will be cancelled. You will receive an email letting you know your appointment request was cancelled.
- Attend your appointment to confirm eligibility with the necessary documents in hand. If you do not bring the required documents to your appointment or you fail to show up for your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be required to schedule a new appointment if/when appointments become available.
- You will receive a NeighborhoodLIFT Eligibility Letter if you meet the eligibility requirements and your required documentation is confirmed.
- Your lender must submit all required documents to Avenue CDC no less than seven (7) days prior to your closing date.
For more information, please see our FAQ page.
List of Required Income Documents for Eligibility Determination Meeting
The following documentation is required for each employed household member age 18 and older.
Please bring all applicable documents with you to your Eligibility Determination appointment. Failure to bring all required documents with you to your appointment will result in your appointment being cancelled and you will have to start the process over again if/ when appointments become available.
- Preapproval letter
- Full purchase and sales agreement
- 60 days’ pay stubs with year to date information for all jobs worked by each household member age 18 and older
- Proof of any and all other income received by each household member age 18 and older, such as Social Security Award letter, retirement pension, proof of unemployment income, death or disability payments, divorce/court decree for alimony and/or child support, etc.
- Recent 2 months of personal and business bank statements
- Federal tax returns for the past two years (1040s)
- W-2s for the past two years
- Current Profit and Loss Statement for self-employed individuals
- Proof of full time student status, for individuals age 18 and older who receive income but also attend school full time (statement from school/institution with dates of attendance or specific reference to upcoming school term, and confirmation of full time status)
Be sure to arrive at the location where you selected your appointment!!!
If you are unsure of where you appointment will be, please contact Avenue CDC at 713-864-9099.
Below are the addresses for Avenue CDC, Fifth Ward CRC, and Tejano Center.
Houston, TX 77009
Fifth Ward CRC
4300 Lyons Ave, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77020
6901 Brownwood St
Houston, TX 77020