Avenue is Featured in the NEW “NeighborWorks Works: Practical Solutions from America’s Community Development Network”
Avenue is proud to be a part of “NeighborWorks Works: Practical Solutions from America’s Community Development Network”, a collection of more than 150 stories from the NeighborWorks network – a group of strong, diversified nonprofits that deliver innovative solutions in affordable housing and community development.
These success stories illustrate how to facilitate affordable housing, whether owned or rented; supportive housing for senior citizens or the disabled; engage residents of varying ages, cultures and races; revitalize declining neighborhoods; measure outcomes; and much more. The essays also demonstrate how housing can be a platform for advancing health, education, workforce development and youth leadership.
Audiences ranging from policymakers, to funders, to journalists will find it a rich source of ideas related to community development trends, challenges and solutions.
“Community-based nonprofits are creating economic opportunity for more Americans through cross-sector collaborations, complementary investments and collective problem-solving.”
-Paul Weech, chief executive officer of NeighborWorks America.
This book is for you if:
- You want examples that inspire creative thinking in affordable housing and community development.
- You are looking to discover new, more innovative ways to involve residents in shaping the future of their communities.
- You value new ideas that can transform distressed communities into vibrant places of opportunity.
- You want to cultivate relationships and ideas for successful cross-sector partnerships.
- You want to develop creative approaches that bring diverse cultures and viewpoints together, while celebrating their unique differences.
- You champion strategies that bridge the racial, cultural and economic disparities in housing communities.
It is our hope that these stories will give those invested in the future of our communities an in-depth look at the work being done, not just here in Houston, but around the country. If we work together, we can provide increased economic opportunity that improves lives and strengthens our communities.