Want to buy a home but your finances aren’t quite ready?
The Homebuyer Club Can Help!
Join us at Homebuyer’s Club and get help building your credit and managing your finances towards the end goal of buying a home.
Club Membership is open to all interested and willing to commit to working towards small financial goals with the ultimate goal of buying a home. Members can attend as often and for as long as they continue to benefit from participation.
We offer different presentations and financial skills workshops from professionals each month. Topics include:
- how to set your financial goals
(homeownership, resolving credit issues or reducing debt)
- building your credit
- managing your student loans & medical debt
- repairing your credit
- building emergency savings
- accessing down payment assistance
- managing your debt
- teaching your kids how to manage money
- filing your tax returns for free and getting the most money back
- and other topics requested by Club members
What are the Benefits of Club Membership
- A dedicated time and place surrounded by individuals who share the common goal of homeownership including addressing issues of family finances.
- Access to a personal Financial Coach who will review your personal financial situation and develop a road map with you for achieving your goals, step-by-step.
- Two annual soft credit pulls* to monitor your credit building progress
- On-going check-ins with your Financial Coach and with other Homebuyer Club members to ensure continued focus and progress towards your individual goal
- Receive an education voucher to participate in an Avenue CDC HUD Certified Home Ownership Course
- Direct referrals to low or no cost accounts at major financial institutions
- Access to matched savings or credit building loans
* Credit pulls are completed through Credco and because the pulls are deemed for counseling purposes they do not appear on your credit report and will not hurt your credit score.
Manejando sus ingresos, gastos y credito [Español]
¿Quiere comprar una casa, pero sus finanzas no están listas?
Por favor, únase a nosotros el 4º martes de cada mes en nuestra oficina (707 Quitman, 77009) de 5:30pm-7:30pm para un taller financiero para aprender cómo comenzar su jornada hacia la compra de la vivienda propia. Usted aprenderá acerca de:
- Establecimiento de objetivos y prioridades
- Manejando sus gastos y presupuesto
- Informes de crédito y cuentas de crédito
¡Nuestro objetivo es apoyarle en el logro de su objetivo de tener casa propia!
Para registrarse, favor de buscar la proxima fecha del taller en Español atraves del calendario a la derecha. Está patrocinado por las instituciones financieras privadas y el Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Urbano (HUD) a los efectos de promover el desarrollo del establecimiento de financias de familias diversas en la ciudad de Houston.