About GO Neighborhoods
“We envision that our community will be a safe and inviting place where all ages and income levels can work well in quality housing; a place with an outstanding educational system that nurtures every child until they achieve their goals in education and life; and a neighborhood where we all work together to build on our strengths to create a diverse, vibrant, and connected community.”
–Northside Quality of Life Agreement
To view the Northside community’s Quality of Life Agreement, click here.
Updates and events:
For the latest on the GO Neighborhoods program in the Near Northside, please visit the GO Neighborhoods website for news, events, community resources, profiles on neighborhood leaders, and more!
Please visit the GO Neighborhoods Website for an up to date Calendar of Events in the Northside
Be sure to Like GO Neighborhoods on Facebook to follow all the great work community leaders are doing in the Northside!
The GO Teams are resident-led groups focused on specific quality of life issues and interests. Team meetings are open to everyone. Check out the calendar and come to a meeting soon!
- GO Culture this team of Northside stakeholders works to preserve and promote the rich culture and history of our neighborhood
- GO Health is a collaborative effort among healthcare providers to improve access to needed health resources in the Northside
- GO Safety is comprised of residents, community organizations, and law enforcement working together to reduce crime in our community.
- #GOYouthNS is a leadership building team for Northside middle and high school students dedicated to growing life skills and bettering the Northside through service.
- GO Family Income and Wealth is a partnership with Wesley Community Center and the LISC Financial Opportunities Center to help residents improve their credit, search for jobs, and connect to financial literacy resources.
- GO Parent Engagement & the Family Leadership Institute are parent-focused initiatives aimed at equipping our parents with the leadership skills necessary to help improve our schools and community.
- Las Mamas del Northside is a social organization of Northside moms supporting one another.
- The Northside Early Childhood Coalition is a collaboration among childcare providers, educators, residents, and stakeholder organizations to assess the lack of quality affordable early childhood care, education, and services in our community and work to to address these issues.
For more information about how you can get involved, please contact Jenifer Wagley, Avenue CDC Assistant Director, at 713-864-8099 ext 237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.