Thanks to all who made our 21st annual fundraiser, Art on the Avenue, a success!
On behalf of the communities we serve, we offer heartfelt thanks to attendees, sponsors and contributors to Art on the Avenue 2017. The event showcased the works of over 250 local artists, and proceeds from art sales are shared between the artists and Avenue.
Avenue improves our communities to enhance the quality of life of working families, and to promote healthy, vibrant, and economically diverse neighborhoods. Art on the Avenue proceeds directly support our work, including:
- Developing affordable single-family homes for sale
- Developing quality affordable multi-family and senior apartment homes
- Offering homebuyer education and financial capability programs
- Transforming communities by strengthening civic engagement
- Providing free after school programs for children at our rental properties
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, Avenue quickly developed a housing recovery action plan that includes disaster recovery counseling, housing recovery education and counseling, needs assessments, referrals, home repair and development of affordable replacement housing.
Photos from our 21st annual event can be found on our Facebook page.
Couldn’t attend? Join us next year! Event date for 2018 will be posted soon.