Celebrations and Grand Openings
L to R: Mary Lawler (Avenue CDC Executive Director); Sarah Castillo (GO Neighborhoods); and Edward Gonzalez (Houston City Council Member, District H).
L to R: Sergio Grado (U.S. Green Building Council board member); Mary Lawler (Avenue CDC Executive Director); Neal Rackleff (Director of the City of Houston Housing and Community Development); Amanda Timm (Houston LISC Executive Director); Edward Gonzalez (Houston City Council member District H); and Robert Fiederlein (President of the Avenue CDC board).
L to R: Sandra Warren (HUD), Eileen Fitzgerald (NeighborWorks America), Robert Fiederlein (Avenue CDC), Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, Mary Lawler (Avenue CDC), Ann Edwards (office of Sen. Mario Gallegos, Jr.), Raynold Richardson (HUD), and Neal Rackleff (HCDD).
Avenue CDC is proud to have our programs acknowledged with the following recognition:
- 2014 CORE (Community Organizing Recognition of Excellence) Award from LISC Houston for GO Neighborhoods Northside
- 2014 Best New Partner Award from Rebuilding Together – Houston for Rebuilding the Northside Together
- 2013 Urban Land Institute of Houston Development of Distinction Award Finalist (Non-Profit Category) – Fulton Gardens
- 2013 Keep Houston Beautiful Proud Partner Award – Westbury Civic Club, the WAIC, and Westbury Superneighborhood
- 2012 Excellence Award for Advocacy (Non-Profit Organization) from the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals
- 2009 Regional Energy Star Award for Excellence in Energy Efficient Affordable Housing from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- 2007 Historic Rehabilitation Award for the Elder Street Artist Lofts from Preservation Texas
- 2006 Outstanding Service Award from the Mayor’s Anti Gang Office Northside Village Week and Seed
- 2006 Good Brick Award from the Greater Houston Preservation Alliance for the renovation of the Old Jefferson Davis Hospital, a 2005 Good Brick Award for restoration of nine historic rental units, and 2000 Good Brick Award for our Move Home program
- 2005 Good Brick Award for the Summer Street Project
- 2002 Citation of Honor from AIA Houston
- 2002 Citation of Honor from Texas Society of Architects
- 2001 Houston Mayor’s Office Brownfields Clean-Up Award
- 2001-2002 Honorable Mention for Fannie Mae Foundation’s Maxwell Award of Excellence for Washington Courtyards
- 2001 Honorable Mention for the Appraisal Institute’s Award for Community Enhancement for Washington Courtyards
- 2000 Certificate of Congressional Recognition on the Grand Opening Celebration of Washington Courtyards from the office of Sheila Jackson Lee, Member of Congress
- 2000 Best Non Profit from the Houston Press.
Quality of Life Agreement unveiling
- Houston Chronicle: Neighborhoods work to build better futures: Affordable housing, better education, and transit options among their goals.
- KUHF: interview on QLA unveiling
Avenue CDC Media Items